Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Us Dress Size Changes

no longer enough to die Journal



tracked down "Beto" by chance. She wore a few months looking for the so-called "child soldiers" of Michoacán, mentioned a few times in the press but whose existence he confirmed that another girl was involved Michoacan as a witness in the events of Luz y Sombra bar in 2006 and which I speak several times. She said that La Familia, Tierra Caliente has a small army of children and young people used for different purposes: to collect fees, take messages, warning of the arrival of the Army or "pinchis AFIS" (as said) when very close to places where active, are also given an allowance, to the bravest, and "get off to past releases bastards" and some others, the more ready to take the product from one site to another. She said, kids are very enthroned, not drugs, not drink, they are like soldiers, but just do not feud with them because the accounts. From this conversation / interview with Mary, I tried many ways to locate to any member of this "army" without success. Every question, every move was met with a wall of silence and evasion. Then came "Beto."
The circumstances of my meeting with him, not for now discoverable. We had three meetings, each of three hours and if at first ruled the tension and mistrust, the final words "Beto" sprouted like spring is in the land. I wanted to talk, to tell his story and look into the eyes of another person who had in his short life of 16 years.
"Beto" was born in Turicato municipality of Tierra Caliente in Michoacan, a February 15, 1994.
-Un buen acuario, le dije. Como mi hijo mayor. (No estoy segura ahora de si hice ese comentario para romper la tensión o porque me conmovía su cuerpo frágil y sus ojos asustados).
- No, psss qué, en mi tierra no creemos en esas cosas, afirmó con indignación fingida y con curiosidad preguntó ¿cómo son los acuarios, son buena onda?
- Uy sí, son artistas, creativos, muy sensibles, les gusta mucho la gente y a la gente le gustan mucho los acuarios porque son muy pacíficos, ayudan, tienen muchos sueños. Y además, se llevan muy bien con los libras. Yo soy libra, añadí, intentando tender un puente con ese muchacho de pelo rapado y mirada perdida.
- Ah, dijo. Y guardó silence for a couple of minutes seemed interminable. I was wrong, I thought, now I have to start again from another location. But suddenly, his trousers bag a medal of Our Lady of Guadalupe, old and decayed. I stretched it was my mom, "she said. She did believe in those things, where people come to work and a destination and hide my head when I read in magazines that came things like that, of those things then, the horoscopes did not, as they call?
The fourth child of a family of 7, was the second son in line of succession and realized that he did not like, as if he felt uncomfortable with an incomplete legacy; be the second brother took his men the right to call as his father, the right to follow his footsteps, to be his heir in a way that I could not decipher at all. The bastard of my brother was always good with my papa says "Beto" and relaxed and dedicated to his memory. When I told her "papa" as he called when he spoke of him as a figure admired-was born in Los Espinos and met his mother, born in Turicato, his eyes clouded a little and spoke of them as a distant past that did not match his baby face.
Why talk about them in the past, I asked .- Are they dead?
"No, no, they are alive, pulled for courses of Morelia, because people can no longer live. They grabbed three of my brothers and what they still have left. No one was of us in town.
I realized then that his older brother, "who was always good with his dad" and is named after him, picked him up one day, "it is not known whether the army or the bastards Zetas, the case is that there appeared and his father, he said, became "like littlest, oldest woman since then." One of their sisters went to the side other side with her husband and no more was heard of it and the other ended with a bloody narco arrejuntarse of those who arrived in the capital and also learned more it "and" aluego ... I "and it tarnishes the look and a sigh you breath away.
- Why are your people and can not live?, Interrupt the course of his thoughts to give him some space and a few minutes to rebuild.
Mmmm, well, some do not know what to me looks challenging. No, I say. Tell-
"It's a fucked mess. He got hot the thing there. Dead one day and another too, that one left the message and there were going to return the favor, a lot of action but not clear, the leaders went very nervous and eager to claim them as bastard
.- Tell me, do not understand. Y "Beto" I looked eyed "if you will asshole, horrible old woman, I endured in silence and did not abandon my status as a" clumsy student. " He felt strong, possessing a knowledge that I had no teacher and guide in a world for which I had no gills. Pos
nothing, then came the fucking Zetas and on the other hand people of Chapo bastard and had no weapons or amounts of good, "had to walk very smart all" and post ... "Beto" was a long silence. And after ... was the time after that I started. And then we followed him right?
of my parents and my three brothers I know nothing. And I think that they either me, well better. One day I had to accompany the chief on a bastard pull. Had to give the fucking floor of a small store that was on a hocicón, very friendly with bad people, people putting finger on us. And this, post or not. "Come on" Beto ", grab the machete and cartridges and Get in the truck," said the Chief.
How was your boss, I asked
Oops, well, is a bath for every mother (he used the present tense, no doubt), and very tanned, I think it is 25 years and I recited the Bible from memory, he learned more I than with the priest. The "head honcho" he confided many tailings to my boss and one time I played, his eyes narrowed as a cat's purr-platicadera hear them a very good one: that if everything was screwed because people no longer believed in God, that man was what was needed, which would simply take the mountains and the coast and went to fuck each and everyone would have known the Bible. I was really excited and wanted to recite the Bible verses I had memorized, but pus or how, I just was an asshole, but yes, wanting to progress and to give my land my land what he deserved, get all the sons of bitches who did not believe, and ... well.
And what happened the day of the truck, am I to tell?
"Beto" look at me sadly and from an unreachable place. No, pus and why, in these Nah, you are and is in full swing. I broke my first three, I rafaguea at a speed for which I'm not ready. I screw the damn store, his brother and one who was competing with them and sometimes with us. Actually I felt nothing, I got the goat as if he already knew and my boss just laughed, "Well you came out bravo my" Beto "... and crossed himself and said," The Lord is my shepherd. " And the plain truth, I was glad my boss was happy. The trouble came later. Beto
silent and out of his pants the medal of the Virgin. The bastard of my boss told us, we will take a gift to the employer. I take a bastard sword possessed the size of your leg and bang, bang, bang, cut the three heads as my godfather cut them to the chickens on the farm. I was numb legs and hid laughter. But everyone in the van were very happy and post because ... I also said "The Lord is my shepherd" as one of the heads got a good black bag ... it was not the pa will perceive us ... So I think now, because us, really, people are not as bad and just here to put to death who won.
My silence must have been uncomfortable, because "Beto" my eyes looking through his eyes in search of understanding, no forgiveness. And so they were shelling, two bodies, three heads, a leg, a tongue, to complete eighteen lives of the "bad people" in its secret file.
to me I was running out of breath. Sixteen, eighteen dead, some mutilated, truncated future. Narco, religion and power, a trilogy very difficult to understand.
We smoke menthol together one last cigarette ("Beto" believed that they were fucking, but in the absence, was content.) We looked a very long time in the smoke.
-I imagine your death "Beto" I asked.
"Beto" pulled out his old medal, looked at her with a slight smile, I hope cigarette smoke and said
"If I drop dead, preferably with a dumdum bullet to the brain bursts pa I do not remember anything. Or, reconsidered, I do bits, pa spare her the pain to my ma velarme pain ... and that this pull is no longer enough to die.

0 comments:

Post a Comment